UPDATE

Updated 20th May 2022

South Stack Lighthouse is now welcoming visitors back on the island. Please see the calendar below for dates and times. Tickets are purchased on the day and are subject to availability. Advanced bookings are only taken for groups of 10 or more.

Please note that outside of advertised opening hours, there is no access to the island or the steps on the approach.

South Stack Lighthouse visitor centre

South Stack Lighthouse was built by Trinity House in 1809, marking a tiny islet off Anglesey at the north west tip of Wales. Newly reopened for 2017

The historic South Stack Lighthouse is located on a small island reached via a descent of 400 steps down the steep mainland cliffs.

Visitors may tour the former lighthouse engine room before climbing to the top of the lighthouse. South Stack is a wonderful place to watch thousands of breeding seabirds including guillemots, razorbills and puffins.

Tours of South Stack Lighthouse are organised by South Stack Ynys Lawd Ltd. under licence from the Corporation of Trinity House.

Adults £7.50
Child (up to 16 years)

Please note minimum height restriction of 1.1 metres tall to climb the tower
£3.50
Concession £6.00
Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children) £18.50

Pre-booking for groups of 10 or more is required.

Please note, Trinity House reserves the right to close for operational reasons at short notice.

Please note, opening times are weather permitting and we will endeavour to update our website as quickly as possible should last minute closures occur.

South Stack Lighthouse is located 3 miles from Holyhead and is signposted from both Holyhead and Trearddur Bay.

Parking

Car parking available at the RSPB Cafe.