• You are invited to submit a photograph of one of Trinity House’s assets to this competition. This includes Lighthouse’s (The full list of Trinity House lighthouses can be found at https://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/lighthouses-and-lightvessels) TH Vessels, Depots or buoys.
• A panel of judges will select 12 winning photographs which will be published in the Trinity House Calendar 2023.
• From the 12 winning photographs an overall winner will be chosen by the public via Trinity House’s website and the overall winner will receive a selection of items from the Trinity House shop (excluding Quincentenary items up the value of £100). These items will be picked by Trinity House and no cash equivalent will be offered The range of items can be seen here https://shop.trinityhouse.co.uk/products/1445
• In the event that it is not possible to identify an overall winner from the outcome of the public vote or if the outcome is inconclusive or the public vote does not take place or is declared void or invalid, for any reason whatsoever, the decision of the Trinity House judges in terms of the selection of an overall winner and the award of any prize shall be final in all respects.
COVID 19 Notice
• All participants in this competition should familiarise themselves with and adhere to all current National and Local Government guidance and rules, or which otherwise apply at a local level in any given area, in respect of social distancing, movement, restrictions on gatherings and travel restrictions consequent to the COVID-19 pandemic. Any photographs that are considered, in the opinion of Trinity House, to have been taken without regard to these requirements, or otherwise in contravention of coronavirus legislation, will not be accepted or considered in this competition.
• Please be considerate to others whilst taking any photographs in connection with this competition to ensure that no inconvenience, distress, harassment or trespass is caused to any person or property. No liability is accepted by Trinity House for any infringements occasioned in this regard.
Rules of Entry
1. You may only enter one photograph (“Your Entry”) into the competition.
2. Your Entry must be your own original work.
3. Your Entry must be in landscape format, no smaller than 3032x2008 pixels.
4. Your Entry must be received before midnight on 28 February 2022 (“the Closing Date”).
5. You confirm that you will not submit Your Entry into any other photographic competition for at least 2 years after the Closing Date.
6. You confirm that Your Entry has not won a prize in any other photographic competition previously.
7. You confirm that Your Entry does not infringe the rights of any other person.
8. You confirm that you are the owner of the copyright in Your Entry.
9. Your Entry should not include the image of any living person within the picture or any representation of a person. Any Entry that includes any such image whether intended or otherwise shall be deemed void and will be excluded from the competition without further notice or correspondence being entered into by Trinity House.
10. Trinity House acknowledges that you will remain owner of the copyright in Your Entry and will endeavour to give you credit. You agree that failure to give credit due to error or oversight shall not constitute a breach of this condition or right of any action against Trinity House.
11. If Your Entry is one of the selected winning photographs you agree to grant Trinity House a perpetual non-exclusive, royalty free licence to publish and exhibit Your Entry in the Trinity House Lighthouse Calendar 2023 and on the Trinity House website and in official literature and publications.
12. Trinity House will appoint a panel of judges to select the 12 winning photographs. The decision of the judges will be final.
13. Trinity House will arrange a public vote via its website to choose the overall winning photograph (“the Overall Winner”) from the 12 chosen by the panel of judges.
14. If Your Entry is the Overall Winner your prize will be a £100 worth of items from the Trinity House online shop. No cash equivalent will be offered.
15. Trinity House regrets that it is not possible for persons under the age of 16 years to accept the prize.
16. With regret, it will not be possible to return Your Entry once submitted.
17. Trinity House reserves the right to suspend, curtail or cancel this competition at any time at its absolute discretion.
18. Trinity House takes your privacy seriously. For further information as to how Trinity House processes your personal data in connection with this competition please see Trinity House’s Data Protection Privacy Notice at https://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/asset/3751
19. By completing the entry form and submitting Your Entry you are confirming that you have understood and agree to be bound by the rules of this competition.
20. Trinity House reserves the right not to publish any or all of the 12 winning photographs at all.
21. No correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
22. The rules of this competition are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Further details concerning the competition can be found on the Trinity House website:
www.trinityhouse.co.uk, or by contacting:
The Corporation of Trinity House, Commercial Department, Trinity House, The Quay, Harwich, Essex, CO12 3JW
Tel: 01255 245156, E‐Mail: email@example.com
If you wish to receive promotional emails from Trinity House in future please tick the box on the photograph submission form.